Wednesday, September 06, 2006

i won today

everyday i walk to spanish school. i’m used to walking the sidewalks here in buenos aires where walking is never a simple task. the sidewalks are typically narrow and paved with tiles which are always broken, cars and busses aim to kill (sidewalks are still in bounds), a lot of people refuse to move over for you as you walk on by (i’ve been hip-checked here more than when i played hockey), and of course there is always, always, potential for stepping in dog shit. but this is all fine. it’s my fourth time in buenos aires this year, and i’m used to it.
but everyday when i walk down defensa towards school, about 3 blocks down, a sniper gets me. let me explain.
usually in the mornings, the shopkeepers here wash the sidewalks in front of their shops (refer to dog shit above). in front of the meat store where they wash their sidewalk, located 3 blocks from our apartment, the tiles are loose, and almost floating. but you can’t tell this when walking, and of course it’s a narrow sidewalk. so every morning when i walk to school and step on these loose tiles, water shoots up into my pants and onto my shoes. this happens to me everyday.
but not today.
today, i was one step ahead. instead of walking straight along the sidewalk, i walked to the left along the edge of the building. and thus the sniper was averted.
i’m onto you sidewalk in front of the meat shop.
i will not be taken again.

...and you know what, Dónde está Ché Pelotas?

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for unwanted cars melbourne
cash for scrap cars brisbane

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for cars
cash for scrap metal gold coast

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Anayza Feloz said...

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
scrap car removal
car removal hobart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home