Tuesday, May 01, 2007

On the Boarder of Inner Mongolia

Morgan, Ms. Bai, Mr. Gao & Anna next to a rock inscribed with the word Shapotou

Just spent an amazing four days in ZhongWei and Shapotou in North Central China, on the boarder of Inner Mongolia. I would like to thank Anna who helped me as my translator of both language and culture (she has studied English for seven years and I was the first English-as-a-first-language speaker she had meet), bungee jump master Mr. Gao who made extra special sure that my four-day visit was smooth and trouble free and Ms. Bai who showed me the impressive Shapotou area where the Yellow River bends through the Tengger Desert. I would also like to thank the owners of the Shapotou Tourist Area and the government officials of ZhongWei who treated me to the best food I have eaten in China and for a night of some serious Chinese drinking.

I shot a film up here so you will soon be able to see all the excitement including three bungee jumps over the Yellow River (Anna jumped with me- she was very brave), sandboarding (like snowboarding but on a 1,000-foot long sand dune), ATVs on monstrous sand dunes, 6-wheel drive military vehicle tours over the 30-foot high sand dunes at scary speeds, 1000-foot long zip lines, part of the Great Wall of China, sections of the ancient Silk Road and Hell (I'll explain this one in a later post).

1 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger andy ristaino said...

sounds exciting morgan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home