Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

I was standing on top of a hill amongst ancient ruins. Looking one way, there's the beautiful crystal blue Mediterranean. Looking the other dırection, there's ruins scattered amongst limestone peaks.
We're in the small beach town of Olympos, the town we've been at for the last five days that we can't seem to leave. Looking around me, I felt this invigorating and inspiring sense of happiness. Normally, inspiration would lead to creative endeavours. But rather than using the creative right side of the brain, I contemplated how the analytical left side of the brain might look at this 'Happiness' I was feeling. This is what I came up with:
Ancient Roman Ruins + Crystal Clear Mediterranean Coast equals Happiness

But similar to 1+1=2, or 5-3=2, or 30,246 / 15,123=2, there are many different formulas to reach the same solution. Standing on this hillside, I also contemplated a few other formulas for 'Happiness' such as:
The Penelope Cruz Chocolate Chip Cookie Theorem

or the Will Smith Pursuit Movie Hypothesis
And obviously there are many more theorems out there to ponder, that achieve similar results of 'Happiness'. Feel free to develop your own scientific analysis.

Here's Ander's defacing ancient irreplaceable ruins to achieve his own personal happiness.
I'm sure the Turkish authorities would like to have a word with him upon seeing this photo, to discuss amongst other things, the validity of the movie Midnight Express.

....and speaking of Turkish prisons, Dónde está Ché Pelotas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home