Monday, May 21, 2007

Foreigners Pee on the Floor

Okay, in any mens' bathroom you will see the the signs of men who have trouble with aim. The interesting thing about the signs above the two stand-up toilets in the men's room on the floor I am working on here in Shanghai is the fact that they are posted in English. I don't have any hard facts, but I have never seen any statistics showing that USA/UK/Australia/New Zealand/etc. people soil the floor around the urinal any more than Chinese. And, to the best of my knowledge, my friend Cortney and I are the only two non-Chinese on the floor. I am pretty conscious of my actions and I have good aim... so it must be Cortney who is missing the mark (just kidding friend).


There is a message by the toilets in Chinese but it is really short (often two symbols equals one word). Probably says something like, "Beware of foreigners' urine on floor."

Good news: I get a new camera tomorrow so no more terrible cell phone photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home