Friday, June 01, 2007

Shanghai observations #4 - #7



Shanghai observation #4

Here is one of the coolest things I have seen in China: A meat cleaver with a bottle opener built in. Man I feel powerful when I take this tool to my 600ml bottle of Tsing Tao. The massive blade catches the light as I lift the handle, flinging the bottle cap into the air. I picture myself wearing a spaghetti sauce stained wife-beater t-shirt covering my beer belly, Camel cigarette hanging from my lip (more ash than unburnt tobacco), ripped tighty-whities and dingy brown house slippers. Only problem is I don't own any wife-beaters, don't smoke, don't wear tighty-whites, I don't own slippers and I don't have a beer belly (well... maybe a little one).


Shanghai observation #5
So a seemingly normal photo of a section of LuXun Park in north east Shanghai. Nothing unusual, right? WRONG! Where is that music coming from. The Godfather Waltz by Nino Rota (from the movie the Godfather). Not a speaker in sight.

But wait. That rock. Lets get a closer look. Nothing is what you think it is in Communist China.


Shanghai observation #6
When a Chinese girl pretends she doesn't know how to play the dice game Mexican, don't believe it. Efun got Scott really drunk and their was even money wagered over the game. Sweed Brian looking in there.

Shanghai observation #7
Little Chinese kids selling flowers on the street at 3am are not afraid of 6'10" white men. Scott had a tough time telling her his money was for beer and not flowers.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger @bikefilms said...

the little girl is awesome. if the girl scouts of america took a few cues, they'd surely have "thin mints" in every kitchen.

-a

 

Post a Comment

<< Home