Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Good American

Back in the USA for less than two weeks and what did I find myself doing (on the last day of the year)?



shooting guns!

Now wait a minute my international friends; this is the USA. It's dangerous here. About 30,000 people are killed each year here by guns. If you are mathematically challenged, that's about 80 people a day! Add to that the 75,000+ injured by guns each year and you'll understand why you need to know how to protect yourself in the United States. This isn't South America or Asia; this place is dangerous.

And my friends in California and New York, back off. I'm not living in the Bronx or Oakland, this is St. Louis, the most dangerous city in the USA. More dangerous than Detroit and Compton according to CBS News.



In fact, I saw this shady looking guy walking up my street New Years Day, the day after I was shooting guns, and I was thinking to myself, "I should follow the example of my government and preemptively take this guy out." I could take the time and effort to try to find out if he is a threat to me and my family but why waste the time? He could take me out before I do.

Then I got to thinking, well, what if I don't have a gun. So I started practicing with a compound bow. You never know what hand you'll be dealt.



But maybe it was Thomas Jefferson who put it the best, "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." I'll shot to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home