Friday, July 18, 2008

Sadness and Architecture

Sadness
After spending the last two months in Piedralaves, I left my house in the Spanish sun, leaving my pool, my neighboring horses, and all the people of Piedralaves who I had no idea what they were saying. I will be back in mid-August for a couple of days spending time with the owner and his family. But it will not be the same since it's no longer my house all to myself and to my few esteemed guests. I left the house to a large French family, the brother and niece's of the owner. We overlapped our stay by 18 hours, and instantly the house was transformed and was no longer mine. When my friend and I left the long driveway of the property, I felt a tinge of sadness for everything I gave and received from this little Spanish house in the sun.
This is one of the things I left behind.....33 bottles of wine over the kitchen cabinets (don't worry mom, I had help drinking this).
Architecture
Contrary to popular belief, I'm still an architect. I felt an obligation since I'm in Spain again, to see the building that revolutionized (btw, this is a matter of opinion) architecture in 1997. Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. But I'm not going to get into the details of the project, enough has already been written about this project (plus, Frankie has been copying himself way too much lately with his designs). Instead, here's a few pictures of the aforementioned revolution.
Front elevation. But I can't help but think that Jeff Koons Flower Cat sculpture dominates the picture and steals the show.
titanium clad goodness

Sphincter balls on a stick.
Sunset reflection
He's a cat that always steals the show, Dónde está Che Pelotas?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home